We believe that nonprofits improve people’s lives in every community in this country. This uniquely American experience faces challenges never seen before. In order to create a sustainable model of service in response to these challenges will require leaders who are smarter, more innovative and more efficient. Our mission is to foster the overall development and advancement of nonprofit leaders through unique, creative initiatives.
First Nonprofit Foundation is in the business of identifying and financially supporting purely public charities by, rewarding innovation and building capacity leading to sustainability and other worthy projects. Making the nonprofit community safer and more efficient will expand on the genetic markers of what makes this country great and ultimately uplift worthy causes and citizens.
We solicit proposals from organizations throughout the United States that meet the criteria for our funding. We fund worthy projects with material grants. We expect at least some of the outcomes of the projects to be replicable and marketable to other organizations.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values drive our vision, our mission and our interaction with our grantees.
- Stewardship – The staff and board will govern the organization with a “Duty of Care” and “Duty of Loyalty” to protect and distribute the assets of First Nonprofit Foundation for the purpose of advancing the missions of worthy causes.
- Interdependence – We will work collaboratively with nonprofit organizations to assure the best possible outcome of projects funded by the First Nonprofit Foundation.
- Courage – We will view projects seeking funding in light of the Mission of the foundation without regard to criticism or difficulty.
- Integrity – We will adhere to moral and ethical principles.
- Transparency – We will operate openly and candidly and provide full disclosure on issues around conflict of interest, operations and funding practices.
- Leadership – We will lead by example, helping change the world one organization at a time through funding incentives, guidance and collaboration.
- Best Business Practice – We will enhance and reward top management practices in nonprofit organizations by funding projects that increase efficiencies and represent innovation.
- Charitable – We will award funding to programs representing great need to organizations that are sustainable and not seeking to replace lost funding.
- Replicable – We will fund programs that share their lessons learned in order to advance the improvement of the quality of life in communities across the United States.
- Creativity – We will support programs that represent creative solutions to society’s problems.