FRANK CALLEN BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS
First Nonprofit Foundation awarded $26,000 to Frank Callen Boys & Girls Clubs of Savannah, Georgia to provide equipment and materials for adding robotics and video development training to their Club Tech program. The Club Tech program helps participants envision creative careers they may be able to pursue in technology.
The mission of the Frank Callen Boys & Girls Clubs is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Coastal Empire was organized in 1917 as the Savannah Boys’ Club by Mr. Frank Callen, a local probation officer. In 1922, the Club became a member of the Boys Clubs of America. In 1954, the Charlton St. Club was renamed the Frank Callen Boys Club in memory of the organization’s founder.
The Club has shown tremendous growth over the last 90 years and has been a positive influence in the lives of thousands of boys and girls. Many have become productive members of their communities and some have made outstanding achievements in athletics, politics, business and other professions.